Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sketching

One of my new year plans this year was to fill up a drawing journal (65 pages) by the end of the year. I thought that if I just kept drawing or painting anything for more than twice a week, something's going to change and I'm excited to find out. It is just two months past and I already have noticed a few changes. I am more comfortable with watercolor and I find myself sketching things I imagined (and not coming from pictures or things I see), like this one below. I'm quite excited to be drawing unreal things. I find it more exciting to make, more unlimiting and fulfilling. I also find that in drawing/painting more frequently, I am discovering more about myself - being more attentive to my thoughts, what attracts me, what doesn't, what images and colors do I vacillate towards and things that means something to me. Illustrating is slowly becoming to be a personal journey.

With the drawing below, I thought it might be interesting to have a villain who has beautiful hair and a heroin with ugly hands, wouldnt it? Although I quite like it as a pencil sketch, I could feel my hands itching to color this so color it I will.


1 comment:

chris said...

you are improving so fast! keep on going...