Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Remembering fun

I know I am having too much of work when I hear myself footnoting my nightime prayers with, " And please God, help me achieve the lowest possible chi-square value tomorrow with a p greater than .05 for non-significance..."  When I am in this state, I think my creative thoughts and peaceful energy slowly leaks out through the pores of my skin. So I need to get back to the "land of limitless imagination" before I get sucked into the abyss of severely constraining logical thoughts. And so I painted myself a picture of the things I love about my weekends, which are tea, tea, coffee, reading a book by the window specially on rainy and cloudy days, playing with Julia, painting, having great conversations with my husband, gardening, pastry snacks and more tea. Then I painted my nails black and stuck a lizard tattoo sticker (from Julia's sticker pile) on my hand to distract my mind from getting lost in work. What fun!








2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

what a lovely painting. i am so envious of people with artistic talent like you.

emilie said...

Thanks Photo cache. You take delightful pictures on interesting subjects yourself.