Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Printed page

I had thought of starting an art journal the other day, which would contain simple illustrations/sketches with short phrases that go with them, chronicling some of the new things I experience or think about each day as I continue to integrate into this new country (much like scientists would do in their experiments, and yes I do miss my lab experiments. "My pursuit of nature's truth!" I use to say). But when I experimented on scanning a page and typing some words on the image (instead of handwriting them) and then printing it, I was greatly awed by how real the page feels, like it could be an actual page from somebody's book. There is something about seeing (and feeling) a printed page which has your words and artwork in it..like some "power" that makes it feel unreal, official and definite at the same time. I could feel the excitement in having created something tangible! Man is after all a creative being. We are made to create. This small moment of "enlightenment", opened up a door in my mind that made me think now that it really is quite possible that I could create something that might look like a book. Wouldn't that be just wonderful? So now, it's not an art journal I would be making but a book of illustrated reflections or poems or a children's story. It never is too late to start pursuing one's dreams after all..specially if one can print it on a page.



No comments: