Saturday, July 10, 2010

Random Stuff

It's the season for cherries! For someone coming from a country where the only cherries I know come in the form of expensive bottled artificial looking ones used to top cakes or that of the distasteful flavor they put in cough syrups, I find fresh cherries surprisingly tasty, affordable and refreshing. It is fast becoming one of my favorite fruits.



It is summer finally! And the harbor docks are packed! I sure wish I could just sit around all day like this lady.


It is a bit odd to see people picnicking just behind one's backyard.



I have been learning to use the moviemaker application lately (which explains why my previous posts mostly contained videos) and this is one use of it that I quite like too! (although I feel it might be better if the words were a bit bigger and the page turning a bit slower for me to appreciate the pictures more)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss "lomboy".. kaila ka ug lomboy? hehehe -carlo

emilie said...

haha! unfortunately Carl, I only vaguely remember lomboy. Last time I tried them must have been when we were in elementary. aren't they the ones that look like blueberries?

Din, cherries here cost around $5.45/kilo. I usually buy 2 kilos a week when it's in season. how about there, how much do they cost? Yeah, I like the quick and simple way that moviemaker works. Thanks for introducing it to me. :)