Sunday, December 27, 2009

Simple Pleasures

While having my tea today, I realized that my tea tray reminded me of the happy memories I had of breakfasts in bed at luxurious resort hotels and the delicious Asian meals (specially the desserts) served in Cathay Pacific/Singapore airlines, in which I end up eating in an almost meditative state, having nothing much to do on airline seats anyway and nowhere else to hurry to as in the case of being in beach resorts. Maybe I'll fill my tea tray up with some more of those nice little delightful goodies and add some tiny details (such as a flower picked somewhere). That would add up to making my daily fifteen minutes of teatime quite delightful, wouldn't it?

I am pretty much discovering that tiny details, if noticed and appreciated (maybe adored even), can add a lot to enhancing an otherwise "usual" day. I now truly understand what I have read years ago, why Kelly Preston (John Travolta's wife) would choose to drink her coffee/tea from an exquisite porcelain cup rather than from styros or paper cups, even when it's the only thing she could afford (at that time) to have. There is an elegance in living to it that is quite subtle.


No comments: