Friday, February 13, 2009

Birdman

I saw you at the parking lot
with a bag of seeds strapped on your waist,
It was raining, but you do not mind
you were enjoying your time

The crows gathered at your feet
like humble servants they wait,
not so patiently though as they twitched and hopped
occassionally bowing to their king

Sometimes I see you ride my bus
you were always alone,
Head bowed and not looking,
you were in an island of your own

One time as we began to board
I watched your back and was startled
when you turned around and waved
your face so changed and ardent

I had to look at where you're waving,
I have to know
who could be that very person
who could make you glow

But as I turned to see
I saw noone there at all
Not a single person
not a single soul

Then I realized my error
my gaze was not in line
So I looked up and finally saw
a baby seagull perched on the parking sign.

No comments: