Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rose Bush

I like rose bushes but the last time I tried growing one, it didn't flower for years and then died because the pests were eating its' leaves faster than it could grow them back. Roses are quite prone to pests, like aphids, caterpillars, bugs including different types of plant diseases. So I had stopped trying to grow them till last year when we bought our first rose bush here in Canada. To my surprise, it survived the hot summer, the onslought of bugs, itchy worms and aphids (with the help of some bug pesticides) and even survived the thick ice last winter. It now has a few buds again this year which I am anxiously waiting to bloom. With the success on our first rose bush, my husband gave me two new rose bushes (red and yellow) last week to add to my would be collection. I can't wait to see their first blooms. This is one of them below.

No comments: